Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Week Two- Blog Two

I believe that the statements in the reading "abandoning theology" have huge importance with religion and culture. The statements included such points as the battle of evolution, church history and the debate about the key ideas within Christian faith are actually true or false, human genome and fossils. This stuff is very much unavoidable; culture can be influences by all these ideas and beliefs. It commonly depends on the way in which an individual is bought up, what is introduced and influenced on them at a young age. When an individual matures they can make their own decisions about beliefs, but culture will very much impact their decisions. For example, I come from a great family whom I think the absolute world of but we as a family don't have strong religious beliefs. This is my culture; but moving to America, into a new culture, an environment my cultural perspectives are being educated and broadened. This will impact my beliefs but my culture will always stand, it may change slightly but it will always be my culture. Already coming to a different culture I have recognized that cultures do play a massive role on the individual’s action and reactions to many attributes. I am accepting that the culture here is different, but I am able to respect the values and beliefs of the culture I have entered; for example, I choose to attend chapel, to be educated and hopefully understand more about the culture I intent to be part of for several years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment